Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 326

Thread: AT&T and Alltel Merger

  1. #201
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Got phones activated and working fine, checked bill no extra fee. Now my problem is I wanted to switch to Verizon cause ATT doesn't have any smartphones I really care for but at home last night I had full 3G signal where before I barely had enough to send and receive texts.
    I had the same issue plus some family members who live on Guest River would barely have enough signal to do anything before but now that they have activated their AT&T phone they have 3-4 bars all the time now. So far it seems that signal is better for everyone.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #202
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Centennialdawg, did you have to haggle with them? And approximately how long after you called did the chrarge drop off? Also, is anybody getting coverage in Appy? I ask cause they never have coverage and just trying to get a feel fo how well the coverage is. And thanks red66 for the explanation.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  3. #203
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    I had the same issue plus some family members who live on Guest River would barely have enough signal to do anything before but now that they have activated their AT&T phone they have 3-4 bars all the time now. So far it seems that signal is better for everyone.
    My signal is great at the office, but it's still a little lacking on Guest River (as it always had been).

    Double checked my bill just to be sure, and there's no ETF fee on there for me.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #204
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman View Post
    So, Do we go by what the letter said enclosed with the phone or do we just go ahead and start using it?

    If I read the letter correctly it didn't really say that you couldn't activate the phone now all it said was that you would have to be ready to activate it by the 6th which is the transition date. It was saying that if you didn't have it done already it would do it on it's own on that date and you could take the chance on losing info on the phone you currently have, or losing emails and such and on that date your current phone wouldn't work any longer.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #205
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    Centennialdawg, did you have to haggle with them? And approximately how long after you called did the chrarge drop off? Also, is anybody getting coverage in Appy? I ask cause they never have coverage and just trying to get a feel fo how well the coverage is. And thanks red66 for the explanation.
    appy has always had signal up on ridge avenue, but thats the only place i know of, so if you get anything anywhere other than there you are doing good.
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #206
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    Centennialdawg, did you have to haggle with them? And approximately how long after you called did the chrarge drop off? Also, is anybody getting coverage in Appy? I ask cause they never have coverage and just trying to get a feel fo how well the coverage is. And thanks red66 for the explanation.
    Nope, no haggling, they seemed to know right off what the problem was and assured me it was a computer glitch that they had somehow overlooked. Believe me, I was ready to go balls to the wall with them over it. The charge dropped off immediately. The rep said that the phones were meant to start being put into use as soon as you got them and we are part of AT&T as soon as the phones are delivered.

  7. #207
    Inactive Member The_Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2008
    Posts
    271
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    I have a new question for all of you tech savvy cell phone gurus...
    I send a lot of texts from my pc to cell phones...has been no problem with alltel..
    Now that I have activated AT&T,,, I can't send a text to an AT&T phone.
    I have tried txt.att.net,, it doesn't work for me..
    Anyone have the answer??
    When you become senile, you won't know it.

  8. #208
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sage View Post
    I have a new question for all of you tech savvy cell phone gurus...
    I send a lot of texts from my pc to cell phones...has been no problem with alltel..
    Now that I have activated AT&T,,, I can't send a text to an AT&T phone.
    I have tried txt.att.net,, it doesn't work for me..
    Anyone have the answer??
    Don't know about that, but I will tell you of a glitch I have experienced, but I don't think it is with AT&T. My home phone is with Comcast and wil not dial up my cell #'s. They would with the alltel, but it will not dial the AT&T phones.

  9. #209
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Have you tried including the area code or 1+AC? Just curious because this could suck if it were to be more widespread.

    We got our phones yesterday. Then today I get a text that the phones would ship soon. LoL

    Also, my sister got her phones today. They had the labels with the cell numbers on the wrong boxes. Anybody else hear of this happening?
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  10. #210
    Inactive Member red66's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AT&T and Alltel Merger

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sage View Post
    I have a new question for all of you tech savvy cell phone gurus...
    I send a lot of texts from my pc to cell phones...has been no problem with alltel..
    Now that I have activated AT&T,,, I can't send a text to an AT&T phone.
    I have tried txt.att.net,, it doesn't work for me..
    Anyone have the answer??
    It should be [email protected]

    I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. You could always try a site like Free Text Messaging - Send Free Text Messages or Free Text Messaging - Send Free Text Messages to Any Provider of SMS Texting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •